REGISTRATION IS CLOSED!
During last year’s Mitzvah Day, more then 100 volunteers took part in a variety of community service projects throughout the Las Vegas Valley. Over 600 pounds of food were collected and given to Jewish Family Service Agency’s Food Pantry, you volunteered at Shade Tree, Ronald McDonald House and Senior Lifeline, remove graffiti from walls in the community and donated over 21 units of blood to United Blood Services.
Will you be a part of Mitzvah Day this year? Choose your own adventure!
Mitzvah Day is a day of service sponsored by the Jewish Emerging Leadership program (JewEL) of the Jewish Federation of Las Vegas open to all members of the community. Those participating will be engaged in projects such as cleaning up graffiti throughout the community, collecting food for the needy, building a home with Habitat for Humanity, beautifying the trails at Springs Preserve, and spending time with senior adults. You can also participate in a blood drive and bone marrow screening.
Thank you to our generous sponsors, European Motor Works, BDO, Las Vegas Ticket Center, Huntridge Pharmacy, Merrill Gardens, Big Mountain Imaging, Balloons with a Twist, Tonya Harvey Photography, and Magic by Seth Grabel.
Every activity will improve our community and help those less fortunate.
This is a “Rain or Shine” event.
All assignments will be made on a first-come, first-served basis and space is limited.
There are no fees to participate in Mitzvah Day. Thank you for helping to make our community a better place. You can make every day Mitzvah Day by making a voluntary contribution to the 2010 Jewish Federation Campaign. Your generous gift is a mitzvah that is put to work every day!
Off-Site Volunteer Opportunities:
1. Bingo and board games with senior adults in coordination with Senior Life Line & Merrill Gardens
Location: Merrill Gardens
2. Cleaning and beautifying the trails at Springs Preserve.
Location: Springs Preserve
3. Painting projects at Shade Tree women’s shelter.
Location: Shade Tree Women’s Shelter
4. Graffiti Clean-Up.
Location: Around the Las Vegas Valley
5. Helping to build a home with Habitat for Humanity.
Location: North Las Vegas
6. Military Spouse Appreciation Luncheon Event with Operation Homefront to include buffet lunch, chair massages, poker tournament, and mini-raffle give-aways.
Location: Jason’s Deli 100 City Parkway Avenue
7. Miniature Golf with Family Promise.
Location: King Putt in Henderson (Now Full)
8. Stocking the shelves and packing bags at Three Square (Youth Group Members Only)
Location: 4190 N. Pecos Rd.
9. Assisting with projects at Ronald McDonald House
Location: 2323 Potosi St.
10. Clean-up and repairs at UNLV’s Hillel
Location: UNLV Hillel
11. Working with Sunday school students on a Shavuot activity, decorating the synagogue and learning about the holiday.
Location: Chabad of Green Valley
Mitzvah Day Schedule:
9:00am- 10:00am: Registration at the Jewish Federation of Las Vegas (continental breakfast will be served)
10:00am-11:00am: Opening Ceremonies at the Jewish Federation of Las Vegas
11:00am-11:30am: Carpool to off-site locations
11:30am-3:00pm: Mitzvah Day Programming
If you have any questions please contact Stefanie Szlamkowicz at 732-0556 or Stefanie@jewishlasvegas.com