What is Las Vegas Senior Lifeline?
Las Vegas Senior Lifeline is a non-denominational program of the United Jewish Community/Jewish Federation of Las Vegas. The mission is to provide frail, lower-income seniors with resources to enable them to remain living independently in their own homes. Las Vegas Senior Lifeline is located in the Alice and Harry L. Goldberg Senior Center, an inviting social, educational and informational center for senior adults. The center is staffed by caring professionals, who provide support, advice and referrals for service. Las Vegas Senior Lifeline provides a network of services that help seniors age in place. Services include:
Nutritional Program Support
• Provides a weekly nutritionally balanced congregate meal for low-income seniors and allows isolated seniors to engage in social interaction with other seniors. The congregate meal program always includes an educational or recreational component.
• Provides seniors with in-home delivered kosher meals. This program is an expansion of the Meals On Wheels Program.
• Provides transportation support for seniors to travel to the Alice and Harry L. Goldberg Senior Center, medical appointments and grocery shopping. Transportation is available to seniors who live in zip code areas 89101, 89102, 89103, 89104, 89106, 89107, 89108, 89109, 89120, 89121, and 89122.
• Transportation to our senior center is available Mondays and Fridays. Transportation for shopping is available every other Wednesday.
Environmental Home Modification
• Provides disabled seniors access to home modifications, including the installation of shower and bathtub grab bars, wheelchair ramps and hand-held showerheads.
• Assists with the cost of medications, co-payments of medications and durable medical equipment through a strictly monitored system of criteria that takes into account income as well as medical and emotional needs.
• Provides light housekeeping, light meal preparation and laundry assistance.
The United Jewish Community/ Jewish Federation of Las Vegas is an established non-profit humanitarian organization that has served the Las Vegas Jewish community for over three decades and continues to feed starving populations, provide rescue and relief, and build Jewish community in Las Vegas, in Israel and around the world. For more information, call 732-0556, or you can call Las Vegas Senior Lifeline at 933-1191.
Las Vegas Senior Lifeline is seeking individuals interested in serving our clients by volunteering with our program. If you would like to find out more about the Las Vegas Senior Lifeline program, please call 933-1191. We look forward to making a difference together.